Laurel Brook’s Spotlight Saturday Featuring Derrick Yarbrough!
It’s time for Spotlight Saturday and we recently had the opportunity to sit with our very own Derrick Yarbrough, CNA. We invite you to get to know Derrick more by reading his interview below:
1. Before working at Laurel Brook, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
A. Working on the shipyard is very interesting, learned to drive forklift and other skills.
2. How did you first learn about Laurel Brook?
A. Somebody recommended me to apply for the position.
4. If you could pick one theme for Laurel Brook to turn into a book about the company, what would it be?
A. If I could pick a theme for Laurel Brook I would have to say: Caring and Sharing
5. What advice do you have for prospective Laurel Brook candidates?
A. Make sure whatever you do comes from the heart.
6. What are 3 words to describe Laurel Brook?
A. Caring, Accommodating and Trustworthy
7. What do you like most about Laurel Brook?
A. The teamwork, and ability to continue learning new things.
8. What have you gained from working at Laurel Brook?
A. Meeting with the families of the residents and becoming friends.
9. What is the favorite part about working for Laurel Brook?
A. Working with the patients and helping them means a lot to me.
10. What is your proudest moment at Laurel Brook?
A. Meeting the needs of the residents here makes me feel accomplished and proud.
11. What is one thing your co-workers don’t know about you?
A. I am a Tap dancer and professional model.
12. What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
A. Dancing, writing music and poetry.
13. Favorite Movie?
A. Lady sing the blues in the 70’s